Last modified: July 9, 2021
• On this App when you register or use our Services, including commenting on articles,
participating on public forums, message boards and submission of images, photos and
other content to this App, if applicable;
• In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this App;
• Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this App which provide
dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this App and
• When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and
It does not apply to information collected by:
• us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
• any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the App.
2. Children Under the Age of 18
Our App is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the App. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this App or on or through any of its features/register on the App, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this App or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our App, including information:
• by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address,
telephone number any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (”personal information”);
• that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as gender, year of birth, job title and industry; and/or
• about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our App and usage
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us;
• Automatically as you navigate through the App. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and
• From third parties, for example, our business partners.
4. Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our App may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our App, subscribing to our newsletter service, posting material, or requesting further Services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our App;
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and
• Your search queries on the App.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the App or transmitted to other users of the App or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the App with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
5. Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you
navigate through and interact with our App, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other
communication data and the resources that you access and use on the App; and
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address,
operating system, and browser type. We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). We do not currently participate in any “Do Not Track” frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of information. We may engage third parties, such as marketing or analytics partner who may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use this App.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal
information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests;
• Speed up your searches; and
• Recognize you when you return to our App.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our App may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our App. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
• Web Beacons. Pages of our the App and our e-mails may contain small electronic files
known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
7. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our App and its contents to you;
• To provide you with information, products, or Services that you request from us;
• To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
• To notify you about changes to our App or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features on our App;
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
• For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display
advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
8. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our App users is among the assets transferred;
• To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to and not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them,
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
• With your consent. We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any
government or regulatory request;
• To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; and
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
9. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can set your browser to refuse all or some
browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. To learn how you can
manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website.
inaccessible or not function properly.
• Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to
• Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email
address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’
products or services, you can opt-out by logging into the App and adjusting your user
preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by
sending us an email stating your request to the email address at the end of this Privacy
Policy. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
• We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
10. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page.
If you delete your User Contributions from the App, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other App users. Proper access and use of information provided on the App, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms of Service.
11. Your California Privacy Rights
12. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from
accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the App like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the App.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the App.
13. Your rights and your preferences: Giving you choice and control
You may be aware that a new European Union law, called the General Data Protection
Regulation or “GDPR” gives certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. Accordingly, we have implemented additional transparency and access controls to help users take advantage of those rights. As available and except as limited under applicable law, the rights afforded to individuals are:
Right of Access – the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you;
Right to Rectification – the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
Right to Erasure – the right to request that we delete your personal data;
Right to Restrict – the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data;
Right to Object -the right, at any time, to object to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation; the right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes;
Right to Data Portability – the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service; and
Right not to be subject to Automated Decision-making – the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the
decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
If you have any questions about your privacy, your rights, or how to exercise them, please contact our Data Protection Officer at ________@______com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time upon verification of your identity. If you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal data you can also contact and are free to lodge a complaint with applicable governmental data protection agency.
14. Data Retention
If you create an account with the Company, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with Services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. If you are a visitor to the App, we will retain your information as necessary but for no longer than one (1) year after your last visit to the App.
16. Governing Law